• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

joining military

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranswick

TD Admin
hey guys, just wanted to throw y'all an update on my absence...still renovating my damn house, hopefully it'll be done soon and i can get in some time on the server before june 22nd, which is my first day of basic training...

my trade will be AVS technician (avionics systems) in the airforce...this is a job description from the Canadian Forces website:

"The Avionics Systems Technicians (AVS TECHs) are aircraft electronic technicians. They are responsible for maintaining all automatic flight control systems, navigation systems, compass systems, airborne communication systems, power generation, power distribution, lighting systems, monitoring and warning circuits, and radar systems on both land and ship-based fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters. As part of the aircraft maintenance team, the AVS TECH is responsible for first line servicing operations in launching and recovering all types of aircraft."

Fuckin' sweet man! Good for you!

Beware of basic, apparently you get a lot of dumb assholes in there. My friend was hurt in basic, when some dick threw him a heavy bag without telling him it was heavy. Now he'll have back problems for the rest of his life, and it forced him out of the military. Just look after yourself man, and good luck. It's a good thing you are doing, in my humble opinion.

I was really considering going into the Forces before I decided to go to university (again lol). Also there is a pretty cool documentary on the army website that follows 8 kids through basic, it is a good look at what you'll be doing, if you haven't already seen it(or even care for that matter)

Cool beans dude!

cranswick

TD Admin
well, i was kicked out of high school senior year for absenteeism, lol...i technically only have grade 10 completed cause in grade 12 i was still taking english 11, but i had advanced math and physics credits, and did really well on my aptitude test so i still qualified for a decent trade...i have every intention of getting my diploma during my career in the forces, and i'll eventually go back to school for aerospace engineering, that's what i've always wanted to do before got booted out of school...it's hard living on your own at 16-17 years old...i'll be 23 this july, and i want to have a house and a car for my new family :)

Death

TD Admin
Hey Garrett... congrats man. I only met you the one time but you are good soul and I wish you and your family great success. Now go get a trade and get off your farkin computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.