• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckshot

TD Member
when u think of the next most popular game we could add on to TD what game comes to mind that everyone seems to have overlooked???

Call of Duty 4!

I was just checking the rankings in general (no game specific) and i noticed that there is a COD4 server thats pretty much always full.

What u guys think if we add this on in the near future? I havent brought this up to anyone yet so i figured i would bring it up now. This game is as close to CSS as possible and seems to have a strong following.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Well it should be a game alot of the TD community plays in the first place no?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I would buy COD4 for my PC NEXT WEEK (that's asap for my broke ass :( ) if we had a COD4 server.... Ever since my xbox 360 crapped out, I miss that game soooooo much, such SICK online-battle mode..

buckshot

TD Member
i think most of our community is loyal to FPS's that they would have it kicking around. I imagine that most heads have it but stopped playing it because it just isnt the same as playing with this community. The main reason i stop playing any game is because of TD.

buckshot

TD Member
thats another good one to add. Hopefully a dedicated server comes up. We can fit several different games on the box.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
When we get a box:

1. CSS Turbo DM GG
2. Battlefield 1943(Will be out this summer, its free)

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Well, two options...we can either wait for our host to be ready, or we can raise enough money, buy a box and bypass the host altogether and go directly to peer1. I want more game servers but we are stuck waiting, and we don't have an ETA.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I think they rent single now. Back when kakahone was in charge, he had to rent a 1/4 rack. Now they offer 1/8 which should be substantially cheaper.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
The only thing with having our own box is that we are in charge of maintenence and whatnot. if something screws up, or it is not performing properly (like mahones POS box) then we eat the cost/time for repairs.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
You're right but Mahone was not so bright after all.
PLUS WE HAVE NARF LIVING DOWNTOWN! We can abuse his chinaman computer knowledge and just send him to fix the server whenever it breaks. Its cheap labour!! lawl

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1238510307=Steve]
Well atleast we have a use for the bruised banana now
[/quote1238510307]
+1

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Even if we make our own box (couple hundred duckets), providing Peer1 residentially (@ someone's house who has the box) is going to be much more expensive than when it's provided through a datacentre (more boxes/connections, cheaper price etc)... Just a thought.

Ares

TD Admin
I was referring to both. I have an idea what a box would cost but no idea what it would cast to have it connected reliably to the internets.

Status
Not open for further replies.