• Welcome to DARKLY's Community Forums, Guest

If you're new around here, feel free to post a quick thread introducing yourself to the other community members.

Justification

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Many people have asked me why I like to go on TF2 and trade, and I've never really given it much thought. I have introduced myself on the forums before a very long time ago, but I wish to help people actually learn a bit about who I am, instead of just saying hi. So here goes I guess: I am musical and whimsical. I like to play TF2 and trade, but what really draws me to the game is the connections I get to make with other members of the community, and friendships which will last a very long time. A friend of mine, Bird of PrAy mentioned this to me the other day: "TF2 trading/playing is basically what I do in between all the great conversations I have online with like minded people" (that was paraphrased, of course but this is the meaning I got out of it). The fact of the matter is trading and trade servers just provide a slightly more intimate setting to be able to make these connections with people than regular servers etc: this is why I do it, if people wanted to know. I know many who use TF2 to make money or to learn about marketing in a hands on way, but yeah I do it because I get to chat with people, learn things, have fun, and waste away all my time when I really should be getting on with the more serious things I'm expected to do in life, like getting a crappy minimum wage job, going to university, finding out what career someone as useless as me could do, and many other stresses. Anyway, thanks for reading me ramble on. I hope to see y'all online on TF2 sometime, and make some connections with you.
Thanks,
<3 -Ryan (Jerk)

Jerk

A Little Darkly
So basically if you have ever met me before and want to know anything else about me, except for silly personal things, don't be shy to ask. I thoroughly enjoy explaining why I am who I am, as explaining it to other people forces me to understand it for myself in the first place. <3 and have a good night/day/brunch/whatever you want it to be. :)

Jerk

A Little Darkly
By the way, I know that I have already done one of these introduction pieces on the forums a long time ago, but that wasn't a very proper introduction or explanation as to who I am, so yeah this is my second attempt. Maybe I'll eventually get it right enough that I won't want to redo it :P

Jerk

A Little Darkly
yeah this may be a bit weird to people who don't know me at all. But the intention is good, I think.

I also hoped to spark some commentary from others that I know about their reasoning behind trading.

Last edited:

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Cool. Haven't really thought of it that way, but you made some good points.

By the way, I'm just curious.
Did you buy your sniper stuff with real money or did you trade up for them?

Edit: There is nothing wrong with buying them for real money. The reason I'm curious is because as of late I've seen a lot of people buying with real money due to the market conditions.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
I bought with real money, because I had a similar sniper setup a long time ago, but then cashed out to deal with irl conditions, then the market conditions on tf2 got to where I could reacquaint myself with stuff for not that high a price, and I found a couple of unused steam gift cards from different occasions, so I thought what the hell.

Reactions: Rei