Left Arm - Highest Accuracy

iac

Future Ban List Occupant
How do I avoid hitting the left arm of enemies for 20 + % of my shots.... This horseshit has been happening to me for 10 + years.. someone teach me to avoid hitting the left arm All the time :(

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Probably because you taught yourself a long time ago to pull down and to an angle to control the spread of the AK.

iac

Future Ban List Occupant
if i changed my settings to left hand shooting, would i then always hit the Right arm?

$alvador

TD Member
I always just assumed that it's because the left arm is a big target if you're facing a player's left side and it's also the arm that has the most exposure from the front since it holds up guns. Would be annoying but still kind of awesome if CS were like Red Orchestra in that you couldn't hold up a firearm for a while if you take a shot to the arm, or IIRC one of the UT mods had you bleeding and leaving tracks to follow. The only thing CS has to discourage reckless tactics is the AWP but it's a shitty solution because it's still cheap enough that people will abuse the hell out of it. Should cost a full $16000

iac

Future Ban List Occupant
I always just assumed that it's because the left arm is a big target if you're facing a player's left side and it's also the arm that has the most exposure from the front since it holds up guns. Would be annoying but still kind of awesome if CS were like Red Orchestra in that you couldn't hold up a firearm for a while if you take a shot to the arm, or IIRC one of the UT mods had you bleeding and leaving tracks to follow. The only thing CS has to discourage reckless tactics is the AWP but it's a shitty solution because it's still cheap enough that people will abuse the hell out of it. Should cost a full $16000
thank you salvador for providing a sensible answer, and the assumption I made years ago. The left arm blocks the body and head depending on the angles, thus making it the shield to any quality hits.

cranswick

TD Admin
i hate how in source, a shot to the left hand was not a kill with scout even if their head is on the other side of said hand...