• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

ACCEPTED Mad Man's Application for Staff on Team Fortress 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Admin Application:
Game Handle(s): Mad Man With A Saxophone, Trance Trances, Trance, Mad Man, Agent West
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:56853553
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: Veteran Giveaways/Tru Trade, Raffle Smash (Owned by Tankmissile), treepunch.ca (Minecraft server)
Real First Name: Kasberry
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: Server #2
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: I play regularly and I have previous experience with Admin. I had quit my job at Tru Trade due to the community not being my taste. I didn't care for what was going on. Not the best bunch of people to be around :\ .

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play?
Yes
Do you have a mic?
Yes
Are you in good standing with the community?
Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age?
No, I am 16 years old but I feel that I am mature enough to handle the job

Updated Application

Game Handle(s):
Mad Man With A Saxophone, Mad Man With A Saxophone | DGN
Previous Clan/Community affiliations:
Veteran Giveaways / Tru Trade, Raffle Smash (Owned by Tankmissile), treepunch.ca (Minecraft server)
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on:
Server #2 mostly, but I will connect to the other servers if there are people on them or if I decide to host an event on one.
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin:
I want to become a Darkly Tf2 admin because I feel as though I need to give back to the community. I started trading on Darkly, and was met with a challenge of getting off the ground with only a few scrap and a solly hat. After meeting some people, ( Undying thanks to @Matthew, you probably don't know me but I know you. ) and managing to make a new memory, I found that trading wasn't so bad. After a year and learning that there's not so nice people out there, I returned to Darkly because I have always been drawn to the community. I found myself hanging out with the staff and regulars, donating to the server, and even hosting server events now. I know the basic in and outs of trading, even though I quit trading, and I know most commands that the server runs. I am seasoned with command usage from Minecraft and other Team Fortress 2 servers, and I am able to handle myself when I am alone.
Another reason as to why I want to become apart of the staff is because I wish to be an official Darkly Middleman. I have found multiple times that users have been spycrabing, and had people run on them. I feel as though If I were to at least become an official middleman, then this could be reduced drastically, and less people would be banned for running from a 2 refined spycrab. I have stopped trading because of wanting to become a middleman so then I wont have to juggle my items with items of others in my backpack.
Adding on to this: Aug 22 2015
I feel as though that some users think that server staff are not to be spoken to and that they aren't allowed to ask questions to clarify something about the server or Team Fortress 2 trading. I want to make sure that on Darkly people do not feel this border, and for them to ask me questions about whatever they need help with, as long as its around Team Fortress 2 or Darkly. I want to continue to make Darkly servers fun and enjoyable for all, regardless if they are first timers, returning members or even other staff. I love it when people are happy and I aim to be able to brighten up peoples days, regardless of how my own is. I am able to easily communicate and see the perspective of others. By becoming Darkly Tf2 Staff I will be able to help better the community and better myself. I have learned a lot about Team Fortress 2, and about the community. Even if I don't get the job, I am sill going to hang around the community and on the servers because of the fact that I love the community so much and I have found a home server.

YES/NO Questions:

Yes
Do you have a mic?
Yes
Yes
No, I am 16 years old but I feel that I am mature enough to handle the job.

Last edited:

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Im going to +1 this app for a few reasons.

~ Laid back and chill
~ Way too much time on the servers
~ Seems like she's in for the long haul, regardless of how her app turns out. (unlike most people)
~ Knows how to let the admins handle things when they're on

Good luck!

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
About time we get another female admin. :P
+1
You are mature
Level-headed
Actually hanging around
You're one to give and take a joke (humor is a glorious feature)
Actually did your format right

Cheese

DARKLY Regular
+1 for me as well!!!
She helped me out with plenty of situations that've occurred (mainly in the evening), very nice, more mature than I am and a cool person to hang out with.
I wish you well with your application!

Need more saxophone players around here anyway...

+1 from me. I have seen you on the servers quite a bit. You have shown kindness, care about the community and the people who get on the servers, and you keep a very level head. All those great qualities considered add to making a great staff member. Good Luck!

ᴰᴳᴺ Church of KFC

DARKLY Regular
Old Admin Application:
Game Handle(s): Mad Man With A Saxophone, Trance Trances, Trance, Mad Man, Agent West
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: Veteran Giveaways/Tru Trade, Raffle Smash (Owned by Tankmissile), treepunch.ca (Minecraft server)
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: Server #2
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: I play regularly and I have previous experience with Admin. I had quit my job at Tru Trade due to the community not being my taste. I didn't care for what was going on. Not the best bunch of people to be around :\ .

YES/NO Questions:

Yes
Do you have a mic?
Yes
Yes
No, I am 16 years old but I feel that I am mature enough to handle the job

Updated Application

Game Handle(s):
Mad Man With A Saxophone, Mad Man With A Saxophone | DGN
Previous Clan/Community affiliations:
Veteran Giveaways / Tru Trade, Raffle Smash (Owned by Tankmissile), treepunch.ca (Minecraft server)
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on:
Server #2 mostly, but I will connect to the other servers if there are people on them or if I decide to host an event on one.
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin:
I want to become a Darkly Tf2 admin because I feel as though I need to give back to the community. I started trading on Darkly, and was met with a challenge of getting off the ground with only a few scrap and a solly hat. After meeting some people, ( Undying thanks to @Matthew, you probably don't know me but I know you. ) and managing to make a new memory, I found that trading wasn't so bad. After a year and learning that there's not so nice people out there, I returned to Darkly because I have always been drawn to the community. I found myself hanging out with the staff and regulars, donating to the server, and even hosting server events now. I know the basic in and outs of trading, even though I quit trading, and I know most commands that the server runs. I am seasoned with command usage from Minecraft and other Team Fortress 2 servers, and I am able to handle myself when I am alone.
Another reason as to why I want to become apart of the staff is because I wish to be an official Darkly Middleman. I have found multiple times that users have been spycrabing, and had people run on them. I feel as though If I were to at least become an official middleman, then this could be reduced drastically, and less people would be banned for running from a 2 refined spycrab. I have stopped trading because of wanting to become a middleman so then I wont have to juggle my items with items of others in my backpack.
Adding on to this: Aug 22 2015
I feel as though that some users think that server staff are not to be spoken to and that they aren't allowed to ask questions to clarify something about the server or Team Fortress 2 trading. I want to make sure that on Darkly people do not feel this border, and for them to ask me questions about whatever they need help with, as long as its around Team Fortress 2 or Darkly. I want to continue to make Darkly servers fun and enjoyable for all, regardless if they are first timers, returning members or even other staff. I love it when people are happy and I aim to be able to brighten up peoples days, regardless of how my own is. I am able to easily communicate and see the perspective of others. By becoming Darkly Tf2 Staff I will be able to help better the community and better myself. I have learned a lot about Team Fortress 2, and about the community. Even if I don't get the job, I am sill going to hang around the community and on the servers because of the fact that I love the community so much and I have found a home server.

YES/NO Questions:

Yes
Do you have a mic?
Yes
Yes
No, I am 16 years old but I feel that I am mature enough to handle the job.

+1

she's cool

And now for the main reason
I actually think she seems quite mature and fun, also respects the rules quite a lot. She seems to be friendly with the admins, which isn't a bad trait.
I only met her the other day so this is first impressions, however I have a feeling about her that she'll make for a good admin.

Lochnessmaster

DARKLY Regular
+1 Mad Man is very Mature and is good at reminding players of the rules when they are breaking them. She also is a very nice person and I think she would make a great staff member.

Last edited:
Requesting to have my application to be put on hold for some time.

I am starting school tomorrow and I am unsure if I will be able to be online at all during the school year. If I am able to get online, then I will let you guys know, but for now expect almost total radio silence after today.
Thank you for being such wonderful people, and for the opportunity.

On Nov 9 2015 there was an incident of this person failing to follow staff direction, after asking this person not to stand in front of me so i could see the room, I move this person moved in front of me again after telling them not to do it they continued, after ,swapping,rocketing,kicking and blinding this person....it still continued and this person was laughing at my requests to stop and it did not stop until I gave them a 10 second warning of banning them did they finely stop. this kind of immaturity and failure to follow staff directions does not bode well with me for a person who wish's to become a staff member, It is therefore my opinion we may need to watch them longer before concerting them for a choice of staff....the age thing also is an issue ! FEAR

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
This application is going to be a not yet. We hope you'll stick around the servers and maybe in the future, you can try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.