• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

need new car

TurboTaco

TD Admin
rofl cricket equipment. There is shit tons of that lying around here in Aus. Cricket is so fucking boring to watch.

Narf!

TD Admin
I would go Toyota and then bring up their whole brake/gas pedal fiasco and get them to drop their prices even further.

B3tt3rMan

Former TD Member
I'm also lookin' at getting something a little better on gas.

My 3.8 liter Bonneville spends more time at the gas station then it does on the road.

Needs to be 4 door, 5 speed and under 150K KM:

Corrola
Sentra
Elantra
Sonata
Civic
Mazda3
Focus

iSeize

TD Admin
srsly i hate toronto for this... just buy a fuckin american car. 4 cylinder to save gas.

everybody's happy.

there are so many cars in Toronto it makes me sick to see nothing but Toyota, Honda,& Mazda

Support your economies, people.

The auto industry isn't going to get anywhere if the only people that buy their cars are the people that build them.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
[quote1277136476=iSeize]
srsly i hate toronto for this... just buy a fuckin american car. 4 cylinder to save gas.

everybody's happy.

there are so many cars in Toronto it makes me sick to see nothing but Toyota, Honda,& Mazda

The auto industry isn't going to get anywhere if the only people that buy their cars are the people that build them.
[/quote1277136476]

Toyota, Honda & Mazda have factories in Canada that provide jobs for 1000s of employees

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1277136706=TurboTaco]
[quote1277136476=iSeize]

everybody's happy.

[/quote1277136476]

Toyota, Honda & Mazda have factories in Canada that provide jobs for 1000s of employees
[/quote1277136706]
I think he meant "support your economies" as in bring it to the dealership services bay to get [insert random part here] fixed because [some garbage excuse] every few months.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1277137107=TurboTaco]
[quote1277136476=iSeize]

everybody's happy.

[/quote1277136476]

[/quote1277137107]

Yes it helps our employment... however, the profits they reap get sent back to Japan and Canada sees none of it :P

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
yeah, help our economy with MY money. they spent 1.2B on g20 meet. and that's why economy is a faggot.

corolla or gtfo. i want corolla S in white, fap fap fap

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1277137684=B3tt3rMan]
3.8 liter
[/quote1277137684]

that 3.8 is the best american engine. just an awesome motor by fluke.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
[quote1277159504=47]
[quote1277137684=B3tt3rMan]
3.8 liter
[/quote1277137684]

that 3.8 is the best american engine. just an awesome motor by fluke.
[/quote1277159504]
lol true, thats all my parents buy. they have 2 and always bought used hah! but they go for a while, but also guzzel.

the buick, olds mobile, etc... they start in antarctica and only water pumps have been replaced over the past 15 years or so.

edit: early 90's corola have a little better gas mileage than a 3.8. on the highway the same, that engine was too small for that car. but 2000's corolas are far better gas mileage. but that goes for anything i guess, older vs newer difference being technology.

B3tt3rMan

Former TD Member
Fantastic engine...I've replaced the cylinder head thank fuck the plenum was alright cuz that was the major cost.

Other then that shes been great.

However I dont really like getting 400 clicks on 55 litres of gas.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
Okay I have a Mazda 6...Mazda is something like 45% owned by Ford. It's an okay car, but definitely not my favorite (loved my Chevy Silverado 4x4, only issue was the paint job). Quality in American cars has improved drastically in the past couple of years. I believe Ford and Chevy have gotten some BETTER quality rankings than Toyota recently.

They (GM, Ford, etc) were heavily weighed down by legacy costs (pension, healthcare, etc). It wasn't really sustainable for line workers with a high school education to be making the same as a software engineer that spent $40k on an education. Even highly profitable companies such as IBM got out of the pension game years ago. I'm not saying that's right or preferable, it's just highly challenging to budget correctly for a pension plan given all the unknowns (market returns, increased life expectancy, etc). That meant they had to cut corners (quality) coupled with an outdated organizational structure lead to them digging their selves deeper and deeper into the hole until they went bankrupt. Ford might have avoided bankruptcy, but don't kid yourself...the union could have EASILY pushed them to it, but they saw what was happening to GM and realized they had to change as well.

That said you aren't going to have much luck buying a new car for $10k from Chevy or Ford. You're going to be better off going with a Kia or Hyundai or something like that if price is the most important factor (and if you want new).

Also most "American" cars have hardly any domestic parts in them. I think the percentage is roughly around 20/80, with 20% being American and 80% being foreign. About the only guarantee is it was assembled in US/Canada. That's better than nothing, but still many Hondas/Toyotas were assembled in the US as well. That's how they avoided massive tariffs on imports...