• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

New computer .... Finally!!!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Just the fact that your source uses a GPU to benchmark the game is an indicator. I've seen relatively no difference between GPU's on the engine, as it seems to use more CPU than anything. And if you can run a Core 2 Duo just fine, I'm pretty sure a quad-core AMD will do the trick.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
It's a good processor, comparable to the first i7s from Intel, but unless its IGP (or APU if you like) can run the game or augment the video card, the video card alone cannot hit minimum 1st person shooter frames per second except on low / very low settings at 1024x768. Essentially it's comparable to a 2 or 3 year old laptop for video games.

I had a HD4870 from late 2008 to early 2011, which crushes the HD8570 and I upgraded because CS :S wasn't fluid at reasonable settings (with a Q9550 overclocked that would be comparably capable).
CS:GO has way more demands on the GPU than CS :S - regardless of CPU demands.

$500 self build = entry level gaming PC
$500 @ Future Shop or similar = websurfing/media PC

Oh well, not my eyes nor money. I'm out.
:grumpy:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
It's a good processor, comparable to the first i7s from Intel, but unless its IGP (or APU if you like) can run the game or augment the video card, the video card alone cannot hit minimum 1st person shooter frames per second except on low / very low settings at 1024x768. Essentially it's comparable to a 2 or 3 year old laptop for video games.
You're forgetting that as you decrease graphics quality, your cpu load increases, and vice-versa. Therefore, what you just did is confirm my point. GPU, not all that important for GO/Source etc.

She'll be just fine.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Just the fact that your source uses a GPU to benchmark the game is an indicator. I've seen relatively no difference between GPU's on the engine, as it seems to use more CPU than anything. And if you can run a Core 2 Duo just fine, I'm pretty sure a quad-core AMD will do the trick.

I was gonna say....
I run the game just fine with a Radeon 6770 and 3.4 Quad Core AMD.

I know, my GPU isn't the best, but it gets the job done for my needs.

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
Yeah it was cheap as hell!! and all I play is csgo and the sims lol and it's been working perfect for that amount!! I didn't get shotguns post inb4 it breaks?! LOL
The computer? LOL Trust me it's better then my last gettup and thats all that matters lol.. It's not like I can't upgrade again in a a year or so once I'm making more money.. Also the guy did tell me I could upgrade shit!! Like it's non graphics card upgrade able? He told me I could update the graphics card if need be. And yes bucky is right thats all I friggen play so I don't need no crazyness it's a stepping stone once I can afford to get a better one this one will go to the kid that lives with me lol.

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
However I'm still waiting for my internet to be installed I've been hanging with my mom to use hers haha. I start roller derby tonight so I don't think I'll be in tonight but hopefully tomorrow after derby!! SO EXCITED!!

Rams

TD Admin
Just wondering, Is the power supply at the bottom? As I was told newer cases have the PSU at the bottom. Mines is at the top and small case.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I'm pretty sure you decided that, as it is your case to choose which side is "up" :)