New server settings tic/rates

Macido

DARKLY Regular
http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/threads/cg-go-enhancements-and-settings.10374/#post-159262

Buckshot wrote the guide earlier but I think some of the settings have now changed.
I'm trying to learn about the tech stuff to correct my choke and reg issues. Correct me where I am wrong

-----------------------------------

"cl_cmdrate 128" my settings// (darkly server will now drop and lock this at 64)
does this mean every that second (1000ms) "64" unique packet updates are sent to the server from your comp?

"cl_updaterate 128" my settings// (darkly server will now drop and lock this at 64)
same as cmdrate but from server to YOU

so if i'm averaging 100 fps on a map
I get server updates during 64 of them
and my input actions will only be sent on 64 as well
This seems low, but If you had a lower performance machine I can understand why this is optimal.

"Rate 128000" my settings. Is TD still locked at 80000?
if so are my settings forced down to 80kb/s
My internet is capable of receiving say 500kb/s average, and updating or sending 100kb/s
I avg a ping of 40. This setting seems low considering most people have a better ping than I do.

"cl_interp_ratio 1" my normal setting. This allows 1 previous packet of game data to be interpreted, and only occurs during a packet loss. The previous packet depends on your "cl_interp" setting.

"cl_interp 0" Setting 0 allows counter strikes engine to determine what the best setting is based on god knows what formula. I don't know how fast or how well it does this.
As a result I'm going to experiment with hard settings..

Technically I understand this should be set as follows.
Your interp ratio setting (1) in my case, divided by the server's update rate (64)
= ".015" being the proper setting
or ratio-2, interp- .03 if you experience more lot of lag and choke

Var- I think this is a weak spot for TD. The Variance (% or ms?) between the servers realtime tick rate and it's maximum setting of 64) It floats for long periods past 1 or 2 on my netgraph. I find the game most playable below 1.00.

Have not been able to find a tech explanation as to why I am getting 10% lag spikes on TD still.