Overwatch, speed jump hacks/scripts

Macido

DARKLY Regular
Did an overwatch last night and it was clear there was no aimbot or wallhacks, but this guy could rocket through a map at twice the speed of everyone else while holding an awp by jumping (while swinging aim to left and right)
which I think they call strafe jumping

I'v seen guys do this to some degree, never on darkly oddly enough, but to the amount the "suspect" was doing it was on a whole other level. Every jump was flawless, he would chain 20 in a row and cross the map very quickly to the point it made the game look broken.

I felt it was fair to say he had some assistance in achieving this or he was abusing the boost this was creating for an unfair advantage.

Curious what your thoughts are, I'm pretty inexperienced in the trick jumping area. Is this kind of script allowed in the pro scene?
I'v never seen them use it as a default form of movement even if it were something to master legit.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
In MM bhopping is nearly impossible to do effectively because of the competitive settings and 64tick. Walking speed with a knife is 250 units, max bhop speed is 300. Go over 300 and you get knocked down next bhop messing up your timing. Now on valve's 64tick servers bhopping is even harder because 64tick doesn't register jumping correctly. In other words he was using a bhop script. A script that auto jumps right before you're about to hit the ground. This means he can hold a weapon that drastically slows you and maintain a 300unit/s speed. Some of the best bhoppers in the world can barely hold together 5 bhops on comp settings.

With that being said,the average person can bhop 2-3 times and maintain 300 unit/s for about 2 seconds, giving you a good advantage. This is easier to do on well preforming 128tick servers.

EDIT: Should also say some servers have mods to enable this, so if you see it on a public server, try holding space and see if it auto jumps for you. I know like all surf servers have the mod.