Screen Layout

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
So a few days ago, I came out of either CS or TF2 and now my screen looks like the stretched way it does when you go into either of those. Help/suggestions?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I'm assuming you're saying that once you exit the game, the screen resolution in Windows is all mushed, ya?

Windows may have changed a few things if your computer thought it was under heavy load: such as removing Windows Aero; lowering resolution. Again, I'm only guessing, but it's happened.

I'm assuming you're saying that once you exit the game, the screen resolution in Windows is all mushed, ya?

Windows may have changed a few things if your computer thought it was under heavy load: such as removing Windows Aero; lowering resolution. Again, I'm only guessing, but it's happened.
Defiantly this, but I'll add that to check if there is an update for your video card, as I found this issue to be fixed by updating it. It stopped fixing itself, I checked for an update, updated it, and now it unmushes itself as normal.

Double check however, to make absolutely sure that CS:GO or TF2 COMPLETELY exit. There is a process called game_overlay in the Task Manager, that if it doesn't close, the PC will not exit 'Game Mode'. If this program is not closing on it's own, it'll cause problems once you resume normal usage. One way to notice if it didn't close is if your Steam Client remains 'in-game', by seeing if your Avatar is still covered with a Green border. Alternatively, by default, Steam pops up the Screenshot Manager and the Store 'Deals' screen, unless you changed this or failed to take screenshots.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Defiantly this, but I'll add that to check if there is an update for your video card, as I found this issue to be fixed by updating it. It stopped fixing itself, I checked for an update, updated it, and now it unmushes itself as normal.

Double check however, to make absolutely sure that CS:GO or TF2 COMPLETELY exit. There is a process called game_overlay in the Task Manager, that if it doesn't close, the PC will not exit 'Game Mode'. If this program is not closing on it's own, it'll cause problems once you resume normal usage. One way to notice if it didn't close is if your Steam Client remains 'in-game', by seeing if your Avatar is still covered with a Green border. Alternatively, by default, Steam pops up the Screenshot Manager and the Store 'Deals' screen, unless you changed this or failed to take screenshots.
I do not have any Steam processes running on my CPU. Sadly, technically dealing with computers is one of my *many* rough spots and I do not know how to enable/disable Windows Aero. I should probably go Google it. :P

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
This was happening to me for a few months, randomly went away.

Or maybe I just stopped playing csgo don't remember, lol

I do not have any Steam processes running on my CPU. Sadly, technically dealing with computers is one of my *many* rough spots and I do not know how to enable/disable Windows Aero. I should probably go Google it. :P
Aero has nothing to do with it, I use it, and even with TF2 crashing, it still works.
This was happening to me for a few months, randomly went away.

Or maybe I just stopped playing csgo don't remember, lol
:getout: