Server Ping

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2887065673

This is my current internet connection. As you can see, I currently have 9 ping. Up until about 3 weeks ago, I was also getting roughly 9 ping in TD's CS:GO server.

I'm not sure what's changed server side since then, but lately I've been finding the server to be laggy despite several server restarts. I often see players flicker in and out of existence when going for picks. It's frustrating to see this, because I love playing on this server.

I'm fairly certain that this issue is server side, but I'm always open to suggestions. Perhaps it is an issue with my connection, but I doubt it. I currently have all of my rates set up according to what's prescribed in the following video, and I haven't made any changes recently:

Respectfully, does anyone at TD know what's going on? I know that I'm not alone with this issue.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Honestly, I remember some days this summer I was getting 5-7 ping. No bullshit. It was fucking marvelous. Why is it not like this anymore for me:yuno:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Well, I noticed the memory leak issue, but I'm not sure exactly when I started to notice the ping issue. It was about 3 weeks ago. Are other servers also experiencing higher pings? This would lend credence to the theory that the high pings are due to a recent update to the game.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Run a traceroute on 208.68.90.171 post results
1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms
2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms
3 5 ms 7 ms 6 ms
4 22 ms 22 ms 20 ms
5 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms
6 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms
7 18 ms 18 ms 20 ms
8 20 ms 23 ms
9 21 ms 20 ms 21 ms
10 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms
11 22 ms 20 ms 20 ms
12 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms
13 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Still laggy for you? ColdAsIceSMM

Well, my ping was between 18 and 22 for the hour that I played today, but I played well despite it. I didn't notice any players flickering in and out. I'd still like to figure out how to get my ping back to what it was before, though. I have to say, though, that players did die when I shot at them. I didn't have any of those moments where I thought I should have killed someone but didn't. Strange...

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
The server was borderline unplayable for me last night, but I'm thinking that this may in part be due to my connection. I tried going into TD's CS:S server and I was getting high ping there as well. But it's not only TD's servers. I was also getting around 15-20 ping in a couple of other servers. I've tried restarting my modem/router several times. I'm not sure what else to do.