TD CS:S Main Server NO-AWP ETC.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Anyone noticing random little 'jitters', or microsecond spirts of random 'lag', if I can even call it that, on the main CS:S server lately?

I just ask to find out if it's something I should attempt to address on my end, if I'm insane, or if it really is happening. I know a few people today (cause I said something like "fuckin lag spirts", or something to that effect) and they told me they noticed it too. It's almost like, cs:s is a beta again and it's not fully ironed out... ?

I'm normally on top of shit like this but I haven't dug into it yet (google, valve forums etc.) ...

**Notes
- already defragged entire HDD
- defragged/verified game-cache files
- my pc is squeeky clean, games n Windows only (only a few games, CS:S, L4d2, minecraft, Mass Effect 2, and a bunch of authoring tools for Valve's Hammer). All other software/media is on my mac hard-drive, totally seperate from Windows...
- All drivers up-to-date, and outside of CS:S runs like a dream...

Thanks all!

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I have this issue in Win7x64 but not XP.

Done alot to fix it, gave up and just used XP in the end.

P.s. if you figure it out post it :D

r3volution

TD Admin
Yeah, this was happening to me a few times today. I was getting 180ish FPS and <25 ping but every step started lagging until I reconnected. Then it'd work well for another 5 minutes and start lagging again.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
Never fear!!! Microsoft is on the verge of releasing a brand new version of Windows!!! Windows 8!!! I am 100% sure that ALL of Windows 7's bugs and problems will be taken care of by Microsoft's new, updated release!!!
CANT WAIT until I can use my computer without worrying about problems ever again!!! HOOORAYYY MICROSOFT!!!!

Pyro

TD Admin
this is just valve inserting a few extra bugs to encourage more migration over to cs:go for game improvements!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
It's driving me wild. I've been using Windows 7 since it was a beta (Ultimate x64 the whole way) and have never encountered this at all, until now. Sooo gay :(
@ Cock - I'm going to solve this cocksucker, I'll never let it go. I'll holler! :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
@ Sal: I'm aware of driver fuckups here and there, and I know where to find archived drivers. However, I 'need' the newest drivers (or one of the newer ones: 8.17.12.8562 - dunno if it was 18x.xx or 19x.xx) because it was the first bf3 specific driver. I've had the driver since bf3 came out and have not encountered this issue with cs for all that time :/

Haven't had time to investigate this issue yet as I'm slammed with work and re-doing my backyard lawn. Hopefully this weekend I'll try another driver.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
FIXED!
For whatever reason I had networking pegged, either the server or myself. Anyway, I disabled all QoS (quality of service) settings related to my network card and PRESTO - no more gay dicks rubbing everywhere.
FIX.png

I still get lag when the server's full (net_graph ping hits 60-70+ms ping, but fuck.. that's not on my side at least). HOORAY!

$alvador

TD Member
that's weird, most mobos come with that or a variant NIC. Anyway, glad you worked it out, no more holdin back when I see you running across the map bwahahaha