NEWS Thank You For Your April Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkly

Gaming Network
Staff member
April 2013 Donators

Failed to make goal: This is the first month in a long time where we were not able to make our donation goal for the month. We received $120 from some awesome motherfuckers (see below), but that still left us short $130. Last month we were able to exceed our goal by $45, but that falls well short of making up the difference.

DARKLY would like to thank all those who donated for the month of April. Your generous donations give everyone in the community a place to play.

You guys are the best:

donateapril2012.gif

Everyone here at DARKLY thanks you.

If you would like to donate, please visit: http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/donations

:rip:

Delta

TD Admin
I don't think its a coicidence that we increased our goal donation then next thing you know were short the very next month. We need to trim some fat, all fucking seriousness.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I believe we were still short of even the previous Donation goal ($200)
So we would have been short in either case.

EDIT
That added to the fact that the Donation goal has been $250 for a few months now and we have still been able to cover that goal each time.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
The donations made from TF2 players has been slowly rising, I'll be making some changes to make donating in the TF2 servers more, erm, compelling.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
$250 is too much. Especially since a large portion of us only use the site/mumble. And the rest only use csgo/mueble/site

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
fat is not a problem. $250 aint even that much. problem is the lack of donation advertisement.

shoottomaim

BANNED
MC is spammed with donation advertisement already. I'm working to get more donor perks... and the fat has already been trimmed.
Cut down from a 200 slot to a 50 slot (25 slot, but I boosted the max slots...).
Leave MC alone <3.

Delta

TD Admin
I know I'm not the biggest donator I'll admit, but I try to make up for it by doing a great job admining the CS:GO server and keeping shit straight. We'll see if we meet the goal this month.

EDIT:

Steve says it best. Plain and simple 250$ is too much. There has to be some way of cutting it down Low Budget. And Zacky when our goal was 200 I'd say more than 95% of the time we'd meet that goal AND have extra on the side. 200 seems fair and right. I appreciate the enthusiasm and effort Gatherix. We all need to pull together here because this could bite us in the ass if we let it go on long enough. 3000$ a year to run TD doesnt seem right. I know weve been through this before but I feel strongly that something needs to be done or taken out of the cost without sacrificing anything crucial.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Well, since Delta mentions it, perhaps there is a viable solution to trim some expenses? I'm not saying we should begin eliminating things, but it's worth looking at the current costs and evaluating any possible alternatives or options that could save some dough.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
:extremepalm:

The Toronto dedicated server hosted at 151 front st alone runs us $200/mo. We've already been through this. You guys want a lower donation goal, bail from dedicated hosting and rent per slot aka shared hosting from game server host. Not to mention that on top of the sacrifice on performance due to shared hosting, there are no game host that I know of who have servers at 151 front st. So you will either have to host in Chicago, or if you find a host in Toronto, it will be at shitty DC. Fat has already been trimmed, the current donation goal is due to the decrease ad revenue from Pinion as outlined in the thread about the donation goal increase.

Delta

TD Admin
WELL FACK! EVERYONE START SELLING YOUR BODIES AND MAKING THAT MOTHER FUCKING GOAL DONATION!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
fuck sacrificing performance. 250 is cheap for what we are getting. need to beg for donations harder.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'd love to donate to Darkly. Not just for the perks, but as a way to give back for the great times I've had so far. :3

Sadly, due to being in college, money is incredibly tight. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.