The Server (CSS NO AWP/FF)

tytanium

TD Admin
Hey guys. I'm going to complain about the server now only because I love the community and the players and I think it needs to be either looked at or talked about. I've donated to the community so I'll use this as my one-time "suggestions or concerns box" thread.

So, I'm aware that the server has been hosted at a new host provider for awhile now and it's been great. But, the last couple months the server has been getting regularly worse in terms of registry and lag spikes. This includes off-peak times. I've heard of providers over subscribing and/or not upgrading and just reaping the profits which may be the case here. It might also just be an over abundance of server mods but I don't know. Whatever the cause is it's gone past the tolerable level in to rage quit territory. I just feel that if it continues we will lose out on new players sticking around and having some current regulars look elsewhere to play. I don't want to see that with CSSGO approaching.

So, that being said, of course you guys might be talking about this internally and I hope that's the case. If not, then I hope you take this this opportunity to do so. I just felt it should be brought to light. Thanks for the many great years of CSS server providing and community building.

-Tyler

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
We're looking into that little laggy jolt that happens about 2 or 3 times a map the last 2 days.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
I've been saying this for several weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one with balls to bring it up. +1 Tyler

I was in the server yesterday when you were there and I asked if anyone was lagging and heard nothing but the sound of crickets from you. :errf:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I was in the server yesterday when you were there and I asked if anyone was lagging and heard nothing but the sound of crickets from you. :errf:
That's right, because I wasn't lagging.

What Tytanium's speaking of are the little 'ticks' of lag that occurr here and there (almost like jolts), the same one's Shotgun is trying to explain as well.

If you played on the server more, you might experience them.

EDIT: I even started a thread about the issue, but to no avail. I thought I had fixed the issue by disabling a bunch of default network options under my network adapter's settings, but it only minimized it sometimes :(

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I don't know if you all have short as fuck memories but this same jolt like lag was had on our old peer1 box, on carat, on mahones server, and on our rented solo server.

Something I have noted: I do not experience this lag when the player count is like 5v5 or even 8v8. Its the worst when it is 16v16.

I am pretty sure this has to do with game mods and css game mechanics.

This shit always creeps up a few months after a fresh server box install.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Oh, I fully agree man. I'm not blaming anything, rather agreeing with folks saying, "It exists".

I'd love to have something to blame (host, a Cvar, config file/line, DNS etc.) but fack, you can't track shit like that down :(

Facking annoying...

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
its probably mp_footsteps 1, all that noise over loading the server. Lets turn off foot steps and see if it goes away :)

.44 caliber

TD Admin
ngbbs4d599cb531eb7.jpg