NEWS Toronto Servers Back Up [Update]

MetalLobster

TD Admin
How is it that someone gets 200 ping and experiences lag multiple tims and yet my ping is solid and I only experience the same lag once?

Something that happens to them but not everyone else is usually something on their end. High ping is almost always on them too.

shoottomaim

BANNED
The server has gotten literally 1-3 lag spike this entire evening... I think TF2 is the problem. 1-3 lag spikes is little compared to yesterday evening where it was a spike every few rounds.

Thanatos

TD Member
1-3 lag spikes is still unacceptable. It appears to not matter 2 fucks if TF2 is active or not. I'd be curious to see the reverse and see how the TF2 servers run without CSGO

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I've been negotiating with several DC's within Ontario to serve two Dell PowerEdge R710's I purchased half a year ago. I require a 1/4 of a rack (2U each), power (3 Amps each), bandwidth (I won't settle for anything less than 100Mbps and 10TB) which isn't particular cheap so I've been reluctant thus far to seal a deal. They're provisioned separately with one being a Hyper-V (Windows 2008 R2) host and the other KVM (CentOS 7) host. I've been using them insufficiently for development but I can easily serve VMs for any game. When I do snag a DC if you'd like we could co-opt. It's probably too early to post this because I've got nothing but hardware but whatever.

PowerEdge R710 #1 (Hyper-V)

2 x Intel Xeon X5560 - 8 Cores/16 Threads
8 x Hynix (Dell) 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 1333Mhz ECC (HMT151R7BFR4C-H9) - 32GB
2 x WD RE4 250GB (WD2503ABYX) - RAID 1
1 x Dell Perc 6/i RAID Controller
1 x Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter (EXPI9402P)
2 x 570W PSU

PowerEdge R710 #2 (KVM)

2 x Intel Xeon X5660 - 12 Cores/24 Threads
12 x Hynix (Dell) 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 1333Mhz ECC (HMT151R7BFR4C-H9) - 48GB
4 x WD RE4 1TB (WD1003FBYX) - RAID 10
1 x Dell Perc 6/i RAID Controller
1 x Intel PRO/1000 VT Quad Port Server Adapter (EXPI9404VT)
2 x 870W PSU

It is unlikely that TD would ever co-opt on another persons server after how everything turned out with TD|Mahone back in the TD1.0 days.. especially with how many game servers we host these days.

If you ever need parts for any R-series hit me up.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
What would it take to upgrade the hardware? I'm for the idea that the host is responsible for the lag spikes/big chokes, but I'd be exhausting all options before jumping ship to Chicago or wherever. Upgrade the hardware and see if the problem goes away...
:shrug:

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Gotta love hearing regular players call out TD as cheap and shit in-game for having this lag issue. Wish I could slay those ungrateful bastards.

The free server that you play on doesn't meet your standards? Have a bit of courtesy and play elsewhere otherwise...
Note down those ungrateful bastard, and we'll get the hammer rolling.