We Butter The Bread Withe Butter

Mr_Moko

DARKLY Regular
So, in my class today I had to write a paper about something I like, so I chose the band We Butter The Bread With Butter. If you are interested, here it is.

We Butter The Bread With Butter
Almost everybody likes to listen to music; it’s a way to pass the time and enjoy yourself or enjoy time with others. There’re many genres of music, ranging from rap and pop, which seems to be popular with teens and children, to electronic music and rock. The thing about all of these genres is that they have sub-genres within them. I’ll use rock as an example: there are bands like Led Zeppelin and Van Halen that are classic rock, bands like Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance that are alternative, then there are bands like Peirce The Veil and We Came As Romans that are screamo.
All of these genres and bands produce music that people enjoy listening to. However, all of those bands speak English, what about other languages? One band that sticks out in my mind when you think of non-English bands is a German death metal band called We Butter The Bread With Butter. They have a different tone than other bands of their type, causing them to possibly be better than other bands. This is why they could be considered better than other bands in the screamo or death metal category and why they have the name that they have.
One thing that is always interesting about bands is what their name means and why they decided to go with that name. At the time when We Butter The Bread With Butter there was a trend that bands would have names that had no meaning to them, Marcel “Marcie” Nuemann, founder of the band, decided to make a joke about it when he named the band, by giving it a long and seemingly meaningless name, though it had meaning to him as a joke. In fact, the whole creation of the band was a joke and wasn’t expected to get to where it is now, getting to the top 27 on the German charts for their third album, “Goldknder (Gold Children),” making them better than other bands to overcome their ridicules name.
Tone and mood, they are important in everything we do and they affect what we do and how we do these things. Two songs that are completely different stick out to me when I think of this subject. Those two songs being Can You Feel My Heart by Bring Me The Horizon and 13 Wünche by We Butter The Bread With Butter the reason these songs stick out so much is because their message and their tone are completely different. Can You Feel My Heart is a fairly depressing song when you listen to it, this could affect how you think about things while you were to listen to the song, you could go from a very upbeat mentality to a very abysmal way of thinking about things if you are affected greatly by what you listen to. 13 Wünche on the other hand is upbeat, happy and aggressive. Despite it being in German, the lyrics being hard to understand and half of the song being just music and a “bree” noise, this song is a very fun light hearted song if you are to look into the lyrics. The song is quite literally about a magic cow that grants thirteen wishes, hence the title being what it is, which translates to thirteen wishes. This makes their music better than other bands because it is upbeat and affects what you do in a positive way.

As you can see this band has had a strange success and still does because of its strange form of music, being a mixture of electronic and death metal, and having a very strange and seemingly stupid name. Looking at this band it is odd, even to the band members, whom they have gotten as far as they have come, yet it works out for them in the long run. They enjoy having the support that they get from their fans and they love making the music that they do. With all of this it is my personal preference that they are a better band than many others, though preferences can be different, for example the reader of this paper could have a different taste in music, or if they have the same taste they might not agree because they don’t know the band’s music. If you don’t know what this band sounds like you should go listen to a song or two, give It a try, compare it to what you listen to.
Enjoy if you'd like, feel free to criticize and critique it or yell at me for my opinion (though that was a little exaggerated because of the nature of the paper.)

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Having trouble identifying a strong opinion. With the exception of the near final sentence at the final paragraph (thought you were supposed to have 3 paragraphs? do they still teach this?), it read more as an elucidative analysis.

I have my own opinion on wierd names. Back when you used to have to buy your music in the store, there was a character limit on how much the bloody CD jewel case could hold. That's why short name bands tended to do better in the 90's.