What will happen to the CS:S servers when CS:GO comes around?

MrAvatar4o

A Little Darkly
I've been thinking this whole day about how Counter-Strike seems to be DARKLY's main game and that i haven't been playing a lot lately. I do suck a that game but it is fun when you just want to shoot some peeps (F*ck the objective...)

And now that i've decided that i will most likely buy it and i've worked the prices out in my currency i have only one problem - Buy now or wait for GO? Pretty certain you won't delete the Source servers but they won't be as populated in my opinion. Also Global Offensive BETA i have seen for sale for 2 keys and CS:S for 6...

I did download CS:S Earlier

pirate_poker_face_by_dingernalt-d4v4yt4.png

Was fun to play took me some time to see the difference between Source and New Era, which did confuse me a bit. The fact that the bots were to be owning my ass on easy didn't really help.
I am still not completely sure if i will buy Counter-Strike to begin with so my main question is what will happen to the servers.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
I might play go for a bit when it comes out, like i did with BF3... but I probably wont switch perm until they release a fucking new engine when hl3 drops.

perplexd

Banned
It's like any other game that has a successor come out. The old game never really dies out, although theres a mw 3 and black ops 2 people still play cod 4.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
unless they pull their heads out of their rumps and actually make CS:GO worth playing nothing will happen to CS:S. Im guessing you are buying into the hype of the "new" game and have not played beta yet. As of now if they were to release the game in next few months it would fail horribly. Game play isn't much better than shooter games of the 90's.

But then again, we all always complain about some new game and how it will suck. Yet, when it comes out, we all still go out and buy it.

For instance, I remember when Source came out. I was part of that group who complained and refused to stop playing 1.6. Now I have clocked 1500+ hours on Source, and I am on the TD server almost everyday :)
Same thing will occur with CSGO. We are hypocrits.

But then again, we all always complain about some new game and how it will suck. Yet, when it comes out, we all still go out and buy it.

For instance, I remember when Source came out. I was part of that group who complained and refused to stop playing 1.6. Now I have clocked 1500+ hours on Source, and I am on the TD server almost everyday :)
Same thing will occur with CSGO. We are hypocrits.

Would you go back to 1.6?

MrAvatar4o

A Little Darkly
Im guessing you are buying into the hype of the "new" game and have not played beta

No and yes. I am buying it mostly because i would like to meet more of DARKLY's members, apart from the traders/trade admins... which are kinda non-existent most of the time (not really the traders, the admins...) and the CS:GO as a whole i pretty much didn't it existed before i started this thread.