• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Toronto

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Mildly considering studying in Toronto; got any info or input on the area that'd be helpful to know? City, climate, etc? I'm in the US.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
What school you thinking about going to? In my travels I would say it's a great city with no bad areas in the daytime or really anytime. The winter is a bitch but if you get a parka and some waterproof boots it's easily manageable. Minimum wage is around $11-15 and jobs in that range are abundant... Pussy money weed all day. :relaxing:

nb

DARKLY Regular
Toronto = busy place. You got people walking everywhere, cars driving places, and lots and lots of traffic.
I know this isn't in Toronto, and assuming you're still in university, you might wanna study in McMaster University. My sister goes there studying kinesiology, and has successful grades.

You can probably get a low-paying job like McD's or something like that to get some easy money, or you can study hard to become a doctor.. They made good $$$ - Oh, and if you somehow come across the University Health Network, say hi to my mom for me. <3

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Learn punjabi
This. And don't study at UofT (university of Toronto). They're a tougher school for the same shit you can find elsewhere. They've got their noses in the air, it's sort of the ivy league of toronto.

Depending on what you're studying, I would look at McMaster in Hamilton, reason downtown toronto, or even Guelph if you're into sciences.

Must be fluent in Punjabi and be very tolerant in terms of people and traffic.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Considering I have no knowledge of what you wish to study, I doubt I'll be much help but yeah. UofT has one of the most prolific names of any university in canada, in almost every field. York (osgoode hall) has a good law program. Queens is very preppy but has some good reputation. McGill, and Laurier/Waterloo are my personal top 3 to audition for next year. (I'm taking a fifth year of highschool, then going into music performance on violin, as such: I have no idea if any of those suggestions mean anything really.) As for Toronto itself, the people are very good at complaining about weather and shit, but tbh it's really not bad.

Also, we torontonians have a lot of pride, for almost everything except for our choice in political leaders.

amanshotme

TD Member
Currently studying at UofT and gotta say that it isn't the friendliest place for undergraduates. It's pretty much a meat grinder where you pay money to them to well...grind you up. Not the greatest student experience, but if you're into engineering or computer science, it's a great school to go if you want to be a summer research student.

As for the city, people are generally friendly. Gets hot in the summer months and friggen cold in the winter months. Don't bother taking streetcars (especially in the winter) as they are slow pieces of shit. Better off walking or taking the subway to your destination.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Every time I go visit my friend there during the Fall, I see students everywhere. UofWaterloo, Laurier, and Conestoga college makes downtown Kitchener one big student campus. If you want to know what it's like to live in a campus city Waterloo is it.

Most of my friends in town go to York. Besides the safety concerns, York is alright. It's a good school if you decide to go to Schulich or Osgoode.