[Solved] Windows 10 released today, woo.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
All 3 PCs in the house (my gaming rig, my old gaming rig (now the daughters' rig) and the media PC all are "ready" but are all going to tell me when W10 is actually going to install. I'm OK with that, given the ups and downs in the media.

Main concern is Corsair Link needs a workaround in W10 to function, but then again it needed a workaround in W8.1 to function properly too. Meh.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I've had Windows 10 since the 30th, and I love it.

I wish they had just combined the Speech Recognition with Cortana so you could control your computer with her. She doesn't seem to be able to recognize a few programs, like Team Fortress 2, but if I tell her to open Skyrim, she can do that. It's really those nitpicky parts that I have an issue with, but that's just assuming I'm too lazy to use the mouse.

I think they did great on this one though.

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
I've had Windows 10 since the 30th, and I love it.

I wish they had just combined the Speech Recognition with Cortana so you could control your computer with her. She doesn't seem to be able to recognize a few programs, like Team Fortress 2, but if I tell her to open Skyrim, she can do that. It's really those nitpicky parts that I have an issue with, but that's just assuming I'm too lazy to use the mouse.

I think they did great on this one though.

Try asking Cortana to navigate to the Team Fortress 2 folder and launch hl2.exe

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I could try that later. Pretty sure she's just designed for simple stuff like searching things though.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I take back my support for W10. It's still a useful OS in terms of interface, but it's giving Chrome a run for its money on the information it collects. Cortana isn't enabled unless you allow them to log everything and somethings you have to have the Enterprise version to disable at all.

If you value privacy, do not upgrade.

amanshotme

TD Member
I have no shame so I have sold my soul to Gates-san. Cortana will definitely be more useful on mobile. Will like to see how it compares to Google Now when it comes out on the Google Play store.

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
Compatibility is limited for older games on Win 10, namely 1.6,I tried installing it and had a lot of issues so I am back to 8.1 yet again. I should have done like I said I would and waited :o;

amanshotme

TD Member
Compatibility is limited for older games on Win 10, namely 1.6,I tried installing it and had a lot of issues so I am back to 8.1 yet again. I should have done like I said I would and waited :o;

Hmm that's odd, I installed 1.6 with Win10 and it has worked swimmingly....

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Article said:
Windows 10 has been well received by users and tech writers alike...
This, to me, is an indication that both the author and the article are bullshit. 90% of people don't even know Windows 10 is out, let alone have a friendly view towards it.

P.S. opting out doesn't mean Microsoft (or any company) has to respect your decision. It's a false sense of security.

Last edited: