ad_egon_world_td

.44 caliber

TD Admin
its been populating TD before half of you even started playing here. No debate. I just wish someone would put the new one on rotation already. *wink wink*

$alvador

TD Member
what's vader saying in your avatar?

the post office called, they want to know when you're going to pick up all the mail they couldn't deliver since you started living under that rock.

ps. he's saying "haters gonna hate"

i like the new map fix, but why are people hating on egon? most maps are straight-forward 2D layout with some inclines, egon's one of the few maps for CS that's planned vertically. it's pretty awesome without the AWP ruining it

I agree with Salvador and 44! It's an excellent map unlike any other that is currently on the server rotation. Plus watching noobs fall to death is always funny :)

DatGuy

TD Member
See the thing is, I don't mind playing Egon...because I like playing in this server and the company that comes with it...however, I work as a game designer and the layout and overall disregard for design sensibilities makes my head spin...my line that I have used many times before still rings true for me at least "its like it was designed by 1000 monkeys all slamming their faces off of keyboards for a year" :tongue:

iSeize

TD Admin
its a level that can only exist in a video game, it doesnt follow any real-world constraints. the designer just did whatever he wanted and said "fuck all y'all" and i respect that because it broke the mold of a traditional CS:S map and made something that's unique and refreshing to play.

DatGuy

TD Member
its a level that can only exist in a video game, it doesnt follow any real-world constraints. the designer just did whatever he wanted and said "fuck all y'all" and i respect that because it broke the mold of a traditional CS:S map and made something that's unique and refreshing to play.

I think part of my problem is, I have to stop playing games as a designer and play them as a player...I HAVE BEEN JADED!!!

hadriel

A Little Darkly
the post office called, they want to know when you're going to pick up all the mail they couldn't deliver since you started living under that rock.

ps. he's saying "haters gonna hate"

i like the new map fix, but why are people hating on egon? most maps are straight-forward 2D layout with some inclines, egon's one of the few maps for CS that's planned vertically. it's pretty awesome without the AWP ruining it

You answered your own question: "most maps are straight-forward 2D layout with some inclines, egon's one of the few maps for CS that's planned vertically".

skd_mrk

TD Admin
I will definitely get this done and add some additional new maps this weekend (assuming I can get with brades to get the PW to upload the maps to the FDL portion of the site).

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ok Ok, I'll compile the final version right now, and update the download link. Just give me time for lunch, and I'll get compiling right now :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
READY TO PLAY!
- download link updated on very first page
- anyone can test (just in case, but I've already verified on my bro's computer which hasn't seen my version yet)

Features:
- Radar finally working! (original never had one)
- Very minor optimizations done (just tidied up some things and grouped some larger blocks so it should process a touch faster.... why the hell not eh?)
- Gay roof(s) is not accessible at all
- NOTHING is changed in this map in terms of look, feel, gameplay. It's all original and, as such, all credit to the original author MINUS the radar. I did that bitch from scratch cause the author never made one.

Cheers! :D