ad_egon_world_td

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Quick question unless I missed it in the thread: Did you do anything with this Egon to stop the stuck players in spawn shit?

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
datguy, you ever do level design? You should do up a level for csgo, with a darkly twist.

Of course, we won't pay you anything, and ridicule you until you finally achieve status in our little community, which by then will result in the passing of several wives due to "accident", and a gregarious over consumption of cheap liquor, but man, let me tell you, its good to be the king.

DatGuy

TD Member
datguy, you ever do level design? You should do up a level for csgo, with a darkly twist.

Of course, we won't pay you anything, and ridicule you until you finally achieve status in our little community, which by then will result in the passing of several wives due to "accident", and a gregarious over consumption of cheap liquor, but man, let me tell you, its good to be the king.

I am well versed with Unreal for designing levels, so the source engine shouldn't be too big of a problem to pick up. Depending on my free time when GO releases, I'll see if I can throw something together.

DatGuy

TD Member
yeah, its a brush editor very similar to Unreal. Except there are different techniques for shaping and cutting brushes, If I diddled with it for a week or so, I say I'd be comfortable enough to build a level.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Make it happen bro, talk to BJ for specific map editing stuff, but lets see you guys go

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Quick question unless I missed it in the thread: Did you do anything with this Egon to stop the stuck players in spawn shit?
Unfortunately that has nothing to do with level design :( As long as the players are:
- not touching the ground when you insert them into the levels (spawn points)
- are not overly close to eachother
- are within the coordinates you designate as the 'buyzone'
- have more spawn points than players (I always tend to place 18 spawnpoints/team for a 16-player/team server in case there's a round or two where it's stacked)
=> you should be good to go.

So, naturally, I've verified all of those things and indeed the map-maker had all points nailed. I just spaced them out a wee bit more to be certain it's not interfering, but as far I've read up on, it's a certain glitch with the teamswap :/
Did all I could!

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Ah, shit. Thanks for trying. You slap slap slap and then the guys get killed right after from Ts on bridge or CTs coming up from underground. :P

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ah, shit. Thanks for trying. You slap slap slap and then the guys get killed right after from Ts on bridge or CTs coming up from underground. :P
Ya I hear that, it's annoying as hell, and for some odd reason, this map seems more prone to this event than others... I tried to figure out why but couldn't pinpoint the issue :(

I thought of putting a low ceiling in each spawn, so if you slap the shit out of someone, they don't fly high and die. But I decided against it because of the unnatural design :/

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Well, you could just admin teleport me in there, but I would just admin teleport out. Or would I?

DatGuy

TD Member
Make it happen bro, talk to BJ for specific map editing stuff, but lets see you guys go

man, now I cant stop thinking about what type of map I would make....I was even doodling in a meeting at work today on layouts....RAWR!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
can you not put in a transparent ceiling?

come guy!
That's exactly what I'd do, but I don't think it would be natural... I mean, there's no ceiling (other than the skybox) on other maps :/ If we really want I could... Lemme know because the link in the 1st post is TD ready, put this bitch up asap!