State of the game

Macido

DARKLY Regular
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/counter-strike-go-iem/

It appears the game is doing quite well, healthy growing community. More regular and big updates than I have ever experienced in other games. Not to mention people are spending hand over fist for these gun skins.

I wonder how many of the 250k at peak were actual spectators or people leaving multiple streams on to get free drops that sell for a few dollars. No doubt eyes are getting on sponsors and that's good for them.
I didn't play 1.6 or source competitively, just casual so I don't know what kind of numbers those tournaments saw. Maybe some vet's here can fill us on.

The article make it seems like 1.6 and source are now united under GO, i have no idea if this is true or not either and what kind of numbers those games are putting up on steam in a given week. Often where the pro teams go, gamers follow as we saw with Starcraft 2 and the steady slowing down of broodwar.

TD server is still lined up to get in every night..

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
6 million people play World of Warcraft every day. faggots with shit taste like you mean nothing.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Oh man, another post with a generic catchy title about how X is being more popular and *gasp* is that a hater?! That's new :meh:

Look, I'm not down-playing CS:GO in any way, but I see these kinds of post everywhere, on and off DGN, and it's annoying. The link "counter-strike-go-iem" redirects me to an article titled "Why 2014 is the year of Counter-Stirke". GREEEAT, an opinionated piece to feed the one of many gaming circle-jerks that leads to stupid e-peen wars of fanboy x vs fanboy y.

I like CS:GO, but if you're not writing about a particular development or problems with the game itself, please fuck off.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
6 million people play World of Warcraft every day. faggots with shit taste like you mean nothing.
Steve, keep posting please! you make yourself look more and more like a total douche with every one

MetalLob- my original post was never a bout being better, but how well the game was doing over all. Seeing as Darkly is probaly half founded and FUNDED by CS players I thought you guys would be interested. But all I see is a bunch of whiny asshats.

Screen shot 2014-03-20 at 10.58.29 AM.png

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Everyone considering me a douche bag on here would be an improvement to my social standing on TD.

You on the other hand are only known as the dimwit from the legalize marijuana thread

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Some people just doesn't like changes, always live in the past of the "Good old days" without even giving anything new a try.

There's some learning curve in CS:GO, I was like 2-15 when I start playing, been like that for like a month or more, cause I was playing it like it was CS:S, took me lots longer than I expected to finally get the hang of the guns and such.

I'm enjoying it now, pissing a few of regulars off on the server:rivetingtale:

oh yea and welcome to darkly's forum .. enjoy your stay ... anything outside of the Serious F'n Business thread is just a troll heaven :trollface:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I don't mean to be antagonistic, but I'm still baffled by all of the circle jerking going on in this forum over CS:S. It genuinely feels like you're controlling a bloated fat ass in that game compared to CS 1.5/1.6, and you're constantly bouncing off of objects in the environments like a blundering idiot. The hit boxes are too forgiving, as well. CS 1.5/1.6 movement is crisp and lightweight. I miss that.

CS:GO is far from perfect, and it has a lot of problems that CS:S never had, but it's also a return to form in many respects. I have high hopes for Source 2, but Valve seriously needs to work on significantly improving GPU utilization, ironing out all of the networking problems that CS:GO has, and making sure that input latency is extremely low.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Agree Rex, I think the cause of that is because Valve developed CS:GO as a cross platform game instead of PC only.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I can agree with that. I believe both 1.6 and cs:s made it to console, but that was years after they released on PC, just ports.

Valve in their infinite wisdom thought CS:GO would be the perfect way/time to release their own CoD/BF cross platform garbage heap. Although for the life of me I haven't met one single consolefag who's played CS:GO. Way to go Gabe.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
MetalLob- my original post was never a bout being better, but how well CSGO e-sports was doing over all. Seeing as Darkly is probaly half founded and FUNDED by cs players I thought you guys would be interested. But all I see is a bunch of whiny asshats.

View attachment 1226

FTFY

How well (or bad) the pro. scene is not a direct correlation of how good the game is. What bothered the most is this. You titled the forum "State of the game", but linked an article to someone's opinion of the CSGO e-sports scene based off EMS one and then you go off on how well the game is doing. The game CS:GO != CS:GO e-sports.