• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

need a new PC case

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Yup, still kicking man. It's such a knick-knack, everything jammed in Bina, flea market kind of place, they have anything and everything.. love it. I originally found it when I nodded an Xbox 360 controller with custom colour LEDs and loved it ever since.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ah, ok. There's tons of them. They're actually much more expensive and are used a lot less frequently because they lack versatility once built. Be weary!

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
There are? I couldn't find any when I looked around. I agree they are not very easy to upgrade. But I only upgrade systems every 5-7 years. Im tossed as to either a single titan x or 980 sli for 4k proofing my build.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
dont u just use regular home depot copper pipe? pretty fucking cool, actually

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
nice, dude. this new rig is gonna get you crazy laid!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
4k is useless, and from sli experience it's absolutely a waste of money. Only reason I have ski is because I got black market prices.

Unless you're editing video and graphic designing, titan x will not be better than one 980 for gaming, fyi..

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
right now yes, 1080p is the standard. I totally disagree with you on 3D/4K.. 3D had many hurdles to overcome such as expensive displays, need for glasses to see it, the technology for passive 3D isn't here yet. 4K is here and its growing fast. more and more displays are 4k+ there are already 5K displays coming out. 1080p is going the way of DVD and VHS did in early 2000's newer better technology comes along (IE Blu-ray) and it gets cheaper as more and more companies use the technology and manufacturing ramps up. you'd be hard pressed to find any live sporting event that isn't recorded in 4k movies that come out are now 4k (admittedly not that many but there are some), YouTube is now experimenting with streaming @ 4k, so are the cable and TV providers. Display port is the primary output on all graphics cards which inherently is better then HDMI currently. USB type C or 3.1 is also 4k ready. So, for you to say that 4k and UHD is a fad I believe you are mistaken good sir. Why would Tech companies stay in an outdated format of 1080p when the consumer market is buying up 4k content and devices? That's going the way of the blackberry.. to stay in outdated standards is akin to suicide in an industry that every 5-10 years doubles its previous technologies in speed performance. Tech industry imo moves faster then any other industry in terms of growth.

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
Didn't know there was such a thing as soft or hard copper. Thought copper was copper, its a soft metal as it is. Just going to home depot grabing a 6ft tube polishing it once its bent and cut to the right length's. That was my plan.

Carns

TD Admin
Copper can come as hard straight lengths or softer coils. The softer coiled copper allows for fewer connections and a more precise run, whereas the hard copper will require more connections and look more rigid. My mind automatically jumped to soft copper because you could bend it appropriately to however you please for your case. I thought hard copper, with all the 90's/45's would look messy, but the more I think about it, the more I think hard copper wouldn't even be feasible in this situation given the limited space between components.

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
hrm. ok thank! So I should get a copper coil and use a bending tool to bend it whichever way I need? I will be doing some 90s and and S-curves if need be. I dont want to run straight diagonal lines across my CPU I want nice 90 degree turns and straight lines as much as possible. I will have a plastic hose for bleeding my system hidden somewhere. Going to get the Gigabyte x99 SOC because of the color scheme. I am personally an ASUS fan but for the looks I gotta go with the orange x99 SOC.

Carns

TD Admin
Personally, I would go with the coil. I'm a big fan of things that look clean, and, for me, the fewer fittings the better. But there are pros and cons to everything. The soft copper might be a little more expensive and you may not get a perfectly straight line, since it comes in a coil. With hard copper, you'll have the straight lines with perfect 90's and it may be a little cheaper, but any curves you may want won't look as good (think of the numbers 5 and 2 on a digital clock), in my opinion anyways. The fittings are the same, so there's no worry there, but the soft copper work better with Flared, but I think most water cooled systems use Compression anyways. I guess it comes down to if you want a more industrial (rigid) look or something that's clean, but somewhat elegant.

And as much as I like ASUS, sometimes it's hard to beat a tied-in color scheme in a well built rig. So I blame you not haha

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
right now yes, 1080p is the standard. I totally disagree with you on 3D/4K.. 3D had many hurdles to overcome such as expensive displays, need for glasses to see it, the technology for passive 3D isn't here yet. 4K is here and its growing fast. more and more displays are 4k+ there are already 5K displays coming out. 1080p is going the way of DVD and VHS did in early 2000's newer better technology comes along (IE Blu-ray) and it gets cheaper as more and more companies use the technology and manufacturing ramps up. you'd be hard pressed to find any live sporting event that isn't recorded in 4k movies that come out are now 4k (admittedly not that many but there are some), YouTube is now experimenting with streaming @ 4k, so are the cable and TV providers. Display port is the primary output on all graphics cards which inherently is better then HDMI currently. USB type C or 3.1 is also 4k ready. So, for you to say that 4k and UHD is a fad I believe you are mistaken good sir. Why would Tech companies stay in an outdated format of 1080p when the consumer market is buying up 4k content and devices? That's going the way of the blackberry.. to stay in outdated standards is akin to suicide in an industry that every 5-10 years doubles its previous technologies in speed performance. Tech industry imo moves faster then any other industry in terms of growth.
The exact same thing happened when 3D came out; youtube had a couple featurettes, there was about 5-10 films (all no name films) etc. However, primary display oh graphics cards are still DVI as they're the only format to handle the top quality and refresh rates. All high-end televisions are still 1080P with higher refresh rates and awesome colours.

UHD televisions are still rare and expensive. The truth is, UHD is a cash-grab fad, just like 3D. The technology that will prevail and become standard is OLED displays. It's been worked on for over a decade and has become much more affordable through more efficient manufacturing. OLED is slowly emerging and will take over. As far as how many OLED televisions will be 4K, well, they're (manufacturers) going to have to produce one or two simply because the rich want to buy it; but that doesn't mean it will become standard. I truly believe the television station market drives the next technology as that's where 90% of cash comes from content, and the infrastructure is barely able to keep up with 1080P (most HD broadcasts are actually in 1080i simply because of compression and bandwidth limitations), nevermind 4K.

I'm not saying either one of us are right or wrong, I'm just arguing my side of the opinion.. this is a good conversation to have. It will certainly be interesting to see where things go.