• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

need a new PC case

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
Personally, I would go with the coil. I'm a big fan of things that look clean, and, for me, the fewer fittings the better. But there are pros and cons to everything. The soft copper might be a little more expensive and you may not get a perfectly straight line, since it comes in a coil. With hard copper, you'll have the straight lines with perfect 90's and it may be a little cheaper, but any curves you may want won't look as good (think of the numbers 5 and 2 on a digital clock), in my opinion anyways. The fittings are the same, so there's no worry there, but the soft copper work better with Flared, but I think most water cooled systems use Compression anyways. I guess it comes down to if you want a more industrial (rigid) look or something that's clean, but somewhat elegant.

And as much as I like ASUS, sometimes it's hard to beat a tied-in color scheme in a well built rig. So I blame you not haha

I could get a straightener to flatten out the coil into straight lines

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Reviving and hijacking this thread again :P Went to Princess Auto on Dixie, north of Courtneypark in Mississauga and while browsing through the surplus section I found 100ft 550 paracord. They have a nice assortment of colours, mostly camouflage, but nice nonetheless at a decent price of $9.99 (Not a bargain by any means but you can avoid shipping & handling). I stupidly forgot to take a photo in-store of the assortment but I bought a bundle and here it is...
_DSC4973.JPG _DSC4972.JPG
Check your local Princess Auto surplus section as they may have some and sleeve away.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Nice! But, is it right diameter? I love that store, I'm in there once a month. If I could find white, if buy it. Then I need white plugs etc.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Nice! But, is it right diameter? I love that store, I'm in there once a month. If I could find white, if buy it. Then I need white plugs etc.

It's 5/32 diameter and with 550 paracord you got to stretch it tight. I haven't tried this stuff yet, but it's different from the mil-spec certified paracord I buy from Canadian Outdoor Equipment. The difference being the stitch and it feels squishier, I much prefer the look of the Princess Auto stuff, although I think it's cheaper grade. Princess Auto didn't have solids, only patterns, while Canadian Outdoor Equipment only has solid colours, also double the cost and they do have white. Here's some black (mediocre picture) I bought from them a while back because I used all the white :P

_DSC5009.JPG

Last edited: