• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

RIP Robin Williams

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
Leroy I'm glad for you, that you've never been down deep enough, in whatever trouble, that reason has never left you.
Sadly, this isn't the case for Robin Williams and others. No one can change your mind, but just imagine that if you were troubled enough, that a mind could twist logic so much that you could convince yourself that suicide would save the ones you love from even more pain and suffering.

If you haven't had the metaphorical or literal pills in your hand, thinking about this, the sweet release, albeit a permanent solution, to a (hopefully) temporary problem, then you're doing OK and can't comprehend how deep the deep end really is. When your head is back on straight, you know it's wrong... but in that moment.... not so much.

:10guy: duuuude

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Ok, read the link Cock. Did not buy the book. You can screw yourself on that book thing. You get a kickback?

Ok, as anticipated, my views have not changed.

I found the document to be glowing with errors. As a man of the maths, I found that basing a study on a such a teeny tiny sample set, and then making comparisons to be, what is the latin word for stupid?

One american city, and roughly 600~ letters were mailed. Also, in the first paragraph God and the church were mentioned, right out of the gate.
Oh, mr author, are you supposing by induction of guilt that if I don't agree with what you are saying, that I must be a churchie? (slap!)

So, with all the statistics sprinkled throughout, also, you don't feel the need to break down multiple suicide attempts, or focus on the true issues at hand, for attention seekers? What statistic of these cases were one-off attention grabbers, compared to the other? Oh, please don't address that because it's complicated, instead, repeat someone elses experiment, originally thought up in 1967. Nothing has changed since then. for the truant to our frums, that is implied sarcasm.

And the comparisons to HIV/AIDs is just flat wrong, and based on that alone, I distrust the article as a whole. They are so vastly different, sociological differences, racial boundaries, et al.

And in final point, "with the 100 percent of suicide hotline phone counselors responded that they “very much disagreed” with the statement “Suicide is wrong”"

Are you telling me that not *1* person agreed with the above statement? I'd be concerned with the operator coaching the person on the phone at BEST, and at WORST, all together lying on the reference. Which, also interesting, is labelled "personal communication". so what, is this an "opinion"?

Now with all that out of the way, if you dare say I haven't myself orbited miserable situations, then I'll have my own citations for you, so don't even pretend to know me.

At the end of the day, to celebrate a man's life who volunteerly ended it, is extremely dangerous, and sets bad precendence. We should focus on the survivors who quietly soldier on, take care of their families, and don't leave them to clean up their mess. And it is a mess.

A mess. Sometimes they even cum on themselves, and they most definitely shit themselves. Plus the neck is tweaked in an unnatural position.

So fuck robin williams for doing that to his wife and kids. Shit, cummed stained corpse.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Ok, as anticipated, my views have not changed..

Since you already had a predetermined mind set, it's nearly impossible to change your opinion. No amount of statistics stating the opposite will sway your view.
It's almost similar to how a depressed Bipolar person views suicide as helping others.

So fuck robin williams for doing that to his wife and kids. Shit, cummed stained corpse.

I will celebrate his life, the great accomplishments he's done and how his close friends viewed him as a person. As I have done with both of my parents.
Because I believe how a person dies is not as important as who they were how they lived.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Because I believe how a person dies is not as important as who they were how they lived.

Indeed, everyone dies - and rarely does it leave the family in a good situation. While I can appreciate Leroy's point about the burden left behind on the family, this is a burden every family bears sooner or later - what he did for them while living seems the far more important consideration...

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Leroy, nobody is challenging or downplaying what has lead you to your opinion.

All I ask is for you to recognize that it is possible in the most severe instances of mental distress that logic or reason, or as you have stated, consideration for the family members left behind, can be impossible. It's comparable to temporary insanity.

Besides, who the fuck celebrates death?
Celebrate life and work to avoid a similar death for the people near and dear to you.

Sent from my SGH-1337M (Samsung S4) using Tapatalk

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
Bun robin williams he choose to end his life at the same time a ton of children had their taken without a choice. . #freepalastine

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I just dont understand why your personal experiences lead you to have just distain and borderline hatred for some who go through there own terrible experiences

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Bun robin williams he choose to end his life at the same time a ton of children had their taken without a choice. . #freepalastine

With RW suffering from severe depression - it wouldn't be a stretch to say his life was also taken, albeit by mental illness rather than mortar fire....but honestly this isn't the thread to open the whole Siege on Gaza topic..

Thanatos

TD Member
@Leroy A person with a mental illness can no more help themselves than a person with cancer. They can seek treatment (and it's well documented that he did) but as with any disease, it's not always successful. Instead of getting angry at him, we should ask ourselves why society marginalizes mental illness or disease? Is it because we so often fail to diagnose it or treat it? Are we projecting our anger at failing to prevent this from happening?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
People die or commit suicide because of depression and other mental illnesses every single day. It just so happens that as soon as a celebrity dies, especially such a well respected and loved one like Robin Williams, suddenly everyone becomes a little more aware. But along with that slight rise in awareness, there is also a slight rise in negativity and ignorance. The negativity and ignorance is always more noticeable.
I live for the day when a person suffering from anxiety or depression doesn't have to fake another illness to get out of a class, or off of work. I wish that one day "I feel like I'm having a panic attack" will be a legitimate reason to take some time away from whatever you are doing.

I hope that Robin's death will have some positive effect on the views of mental illnesses, and maybe we can start to work towards the kind of future where they will be just as widely recognised as physical illnesses. Unfortunately the pessimist in me says this isn't going to happen and within a few weeks everything will just go back to normal.

I loved the movie Aladdin when I was a kid. Robin Williams voiced the genie and I always loved the "Friend Like me" song. I admit that I teared up when I heard it the day of his death. He was the most talented man I have ever seen and he will truly be missed.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
I hope that Robin's death will have some positive effect on the views of mental illnesses, and maybe we can start to work towards the kind of future where they will be just as widely recognised as physical illnesses. Unfortunately the pessimist in me says this isn't going to happen and within a few weeks everything will just go back to normal.

This. This right fucking here. This is why I don't get along with people in general and one of the many reasons that I'm not a fan of mainstream society.

Anything that sweeps the world is quickly forgotten about. The World Cup, as a recent example, already feels like it was ages ago, but during it you would think every man, woman and dog lived their lives for it. People are fickle and fake and only take part in shit to make themselves appear less susceptible to ostracization. Ignorant people always have the most ill-informed, outspoken opinions and MUST be heard at any cost, just to say they took part in the discussion. That's what I feel has happened with Robin Williams. It's like Phillip Seymour Hoffman all over again.

There's no fucking filter with people especially in this day and age of the internet.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
>> @@Leroy A person with a mental illness can no more help themselves than a person with cancer.

Once again, a comparison to a sickness. What are you people smoking? Suicide is not HIV/Aids and is not Cancer. Stop trying to give clout to your argument. It's not. Stop saying it is. The only similarities between the two is both can kill you, but I could say the exact same thing with a telephone to the head.

Here, lets try:
A person with a mental illness can no more help themselves than a person who is smashed over the head with a phone, while they're not looking.