Tips for a noob?

Hinouchi

TD Admin
If you listen to MAIM you're gonna have a bad time. All he use is a knife, smoke and flash. :getout:

LOL people actually needs to warm up before joining TD~ :awyeah:

shoottomaim

BANNED
Don't listen to maim, he needs to get carried by big manly arms during MM sessions.
you've been carried to 4 star :trollface: can't get past dat
If you listen to MAIM you're gonna have a bad time. All he use is a knife, smoke and flash.
Considering I'm position 37 on the pub and according to your logic... I must be a fucking god!
And holy fuck I have 800 hours on the pub. I have no life. :/

Dissident

A Little Darkly
Cmp dont be discouraged by not getting a kill in a game. Score isn't everything and sometimes it's just about supporting your team. I've been playing since the early beta days and I'm still terrible most of the time. My advice is to of course do arms race but don't be afraid to join TD server. I'm there sucking it up all the time. Just remember a couple things and no one would be mad which are:

If you have the bomb and someone says plant, you better well drop everything and plant

If you're the last person left don't hide to save your gun, you go out and die like a man even if its 10-1

Be respectful to all players regardless of skill

And don't knife people in spawn

Follow those and I don't see a reason why anyone wouldn't want to have you on the servers and hope to see you there soon! And 15 hours... If I added up how much CS I've played in the last decade and then counted how many matches I go like 2-15 still I'd cry.

td|35mm

TD Admin
Considering I'm position 37 on the pub and according to your logic... I must be a fucking god!
And holy fuck I have 800 hours on the pub. I have no life. :/
Maim is the perfect example as of a player who is been playing this game for so long and is still average.

Reason you are position 37... 800 hours... to just be on 37!?
:awyeah:

I haven't played for 3 weeks or so and I am still on 68... Maim, get better at the game you noob...
:somuchwin:

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Maim is the perfect example as of a player who is been playing this game for so long and is still average.

:awyeah:

I haven't played for 3 weeks or so and I am still on 68... Maim, get better at the game you noob...
:somuchwin:

HAHAHAH BURN! If i have that many hours, I would be at first already. :yaoming:

you're so funny... at least its better than sitting there twiddling your thumbs and clicking join a million times

Good finger warm up and there's something call auto join while you do some other crap.

Last edited:

AAA

A Little Darkly
score isnt everything in counter strike, unless youre aiming to become a pub star, thats when score matters alot, otherwise its more of team work.

no real point in watching how others play yet, just get a feel of the game, and get setting right for you, (find your own sensitivity, dont take someone elses.)

one way to really get the feeling of the weapons, is to do an offline game with bots and type these in the console (also useful for practicing shooting/spraying and just generally following your opponents with your crosshair)

"sv_cheats 1" free hax! without deleting system 32
"bot_kick" kicks all bots so you can set things up
"mp_autoteambalance 0" so you can stack 1 v x
"mp_limitteams 0" allows more people on one side
"mp_startmoney 16000" $$ buy and try out every weapon
"mp_buytime 3600" 1hr of buytime
"mp_do_warmup_offline 1" allows that warm up practice setting
"mp_do_warmup_period 1" turns warm up on
"mp_warmuptime 3600" 1hr of warmup

"bot_join_after_player 1" so you can choose t or ct
"bot_quota 20" 20 bots
"bot_join_team T" bots only join T so you can practice mowing down 20 T bots

"sv_infinite_ammo 1" or 2 gives you either unlimited ammo without reload, and the latter infinite with reloading

if youre still scared of bots out haxing you
either
"god 1"
or
"bot_dont_shoot 1"
"bot_zombie 1" perfect for practicing hs on still targets

to me, that really lets you explore the game alot, just load a small map and learn, maybe boring but its good practice and you can learn alot, cause if you join a pub and die 20 secs in, you wont learn much

edit: i totally forgot, if playing in a pub, always ALWAYS complain about lag or reg after every 3 games or so when you die, if you dont, youll never become a real cs player

Hinouchi

TD Admin
score isnt everything in counter strike, unless youre aiming to become a pub star, thats when score matters alot, otherwise its more of team work.

no real point in watching how others play yet, just get a feel of the game, and get setting right for you, (find your own sensitivity, dont take someone elses.)

one way to really get the feeling of the weapons, is to do an offline game with bots and type these in the console (also useful for practicing shooting/spraying and just generally following your opponents with your crosshair)

"sv_cheats 1" free hax! without deleting system 32
"bot_kick" kicks all bots so you can set things up
"mp_autoteambalance 0" so you can stack 1 v x
"mp_limitteams 0" allows more people on one side
"mp_startmoney 16000" $$ buy and try out every weapon
"mp_buytime 3600" 1hr of buytime
"mp_do_warmup_offline 1" allows that warm up practice setting
"mp_do_warmup_period 1" turns warm up on
"mp_warmuptime 3600" 1hr of warmup

"bot_join_after_player 1" so you can choose t or ct
"bot_quota 20" 20 bots
"bot_join_team T" bots only join T so you can practice mowing down 20 T bots

"sv_infinite_ammo 1" or 2 gives you either unlimited ammo without reload, and the latter infinite with reloading

if youre still scared of bots out haxing you
either
"god 1"
or
"bot_dont_shoot 1"
"bot_zombie 1" perfect for practicing hs on still targets

to me, that really lets you explore the game alot, just load a small map and learn, maybe boring but its good practice and you can learn alot, cause if you join a pub and die 20 secs in, you wont learn much

edit: i totally forgot, if playing in a pub, always ALWAYS complain about lag or reg after every 3 games or so when you die, if you dont, youll never become a real cs player

FUCKING LAG!

shoottomaim

BANNED
18, member: 170"]HAHAHAH BURN! If i have that many hours, I would be at first already. :yaoming:
I see you're trash talking. Go ahead then. I'll wait for you. Can't wait to see you at 1st ;).
Also note that I do ninja's; I get killed a lot. ^_^
But anyways, get to 1st.

I played for 2 years... haven't you played previous CS?
This is also my first FPS besides dabbling a bit in CoD and Battlefield.

EDIT: I tried for the past hour or so and now I'm pos 24.. about to be 23. meh.

Last edited:

Noob.

TD Member
The kills will start to come as you play more. Don't worry about it. Like everyone here has said you just need to practice.

Another suggestion to get to learn a map is when you're dead just fly around and check out the layout. You'll also see the different areas people like to go through.​

td|35mm

TD Admin
I see you're trash talking. Go ahead then. I'll wait for you. Can't wait to see you at 1st ;).
Also note that I do ninja's; I get killed a lot. ^_^
But anyways, get to 1st.

I played for 2 years... haven't you played previous CS?
This is also my first FPS besides dabbling a bit in CoD and Battlefield.

EDIT: I tried for the past hour or so and now I'm pos 24.. about to be 23. meh.

:badass:
:girlslaughing:

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
Last edited:

td|35mm

TD Admin
P90 is exactly the same as it was before in all the other CS versions... I don't get the bitching...
I am raping with P90 since Source after they fucked up the mp5 (fuck I use to love that gun... miss it). And I don't see the difference in aiming it...