Tips for a noob?

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
A lot of players use Nvidia ambient occlusion setting (AKA see through smoke) on Pub/MM and Valve haven't fixed it since Source but *may* monitor it. Those of us that have AMD GPUs are said to be out of luck and I'm perfectly fine with that. You will notice those players who use it when they kill you behind smoke and/or fan boy on Nvidia for their gaming needs.

Last edited:

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
A lot of people use Nvidia ambient occlusion setting (AKA see through smoke) on Pub/MM and Valve haven't fixed it since Source because it can be overriden by the driver. Those of us that have AMD GPUs are said to be out of luck but I'm perfectly fine with that. You will notice those players who use it when they kill you behind smoke and/or fan boy on Nvidia for their gaming needs.
*adjusts Nvidia settings* :whistle:

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
A lot of people use Nvidia ambient occlusion setting (AKA see through smoke) on Pub/MM and Valve haven't fixed it since Source but *may* monitor it. Those of us that have AMD GPUs are said to be out of luck and I'm perfectly fine with that. You will notice those players who use it when they kill you behind smoke and/or fan boy on Nvidia for their gaming needs.
Wow i did not know about that...
That just makes me hate the game even more.

Also, thanks for giving me something to blame when killed through smoke on MM.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Wow i did not know about that...
That just makes me hate the game even more.

Also, thanks for giving me something to blame when killed through smoke on MM.

It's very deceitful and leagues ban the setting. It really needs to be publicized more to bring attention to get changed, even though it's all over YouTube, Reddit, forums, etc. and nada. Like you said a very big reason to hate on the game and those Darkly players that use it, except Cmp because he's noob :P

Last edited:

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I've got 15 hours on the game. Do you really think grenades are my strong point? Do you really think ANYTHING is my strong point? :yaoming:

amanshotme

TD Member
A lot of players use Nvidia ambient occlusion setting (AKA see through smoke) on Pub/MM and Valve haven't fixed it since Source but *may* monitor it. Those of us that have AMD GPUs are said to be out of luck and I'm perfectly fine with that. You will notice those players who use it when they kill you behind smoke and/or fan boy on Nvidia for their gaming needs.

Wow and I was a chump to actually memorize player movement / positioning and guestimate where he'll/she'll be in smoke.......

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Played for about an hour today and had a blast. I did terrible, but I had a blast. Pybro, BOT Snakey, Rams, Town Drunk, Freak, and some other guys were on for most of while I was on.

Thanks for the fun, guys. I'll keep practicing and playing. :thumbsup: