What Happened

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
Correct me if I'm wrong but It seems that the TF2 community hasn't been helping out as much financially.
In the donor's list it looks like there are barely any donors that play tf2 (other than admins/mods)

In the TF2 servers there are a lot of people that come and go
Also there are lots of F2P's and people that can't donate (Kids/ Traders who spend a ton of money on the game)
I think the metal donation thingy is good but It definitely doesn't help as much as the CS community and only a few people really donate there too

HappySticks™

TD Admin
See I don't see too much of a reward for donating...the credits are good but I don't really care to much..but I am getting tired of being treated like shit on the forums by certain TD admins

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Correct me if I'm wrong but It seems that the TF2 community hasn't been helping out as much financially. We need to make a list of ideas and put them in to place sooner than later.
The old donation system brought in a fairly decent income, just not a great one.
Which is why Gatherix thought up the new system.

The new system, that was literally put in place a few weeks ago, has been much more beneficial than the old donation system.
Many more donations, and still more coming daily.

You can't claim something ~2 weeks old isn't helping us, when it hasn't been running long enough to see any clear benefits.

In the donor's list it looks like there are barely any donors that play tf2 (other than admins/mods)

The TF2 Donors donate via items which we can then sell for cash.
Only a small few of the TF2 players actually use cash instead of in-game items.
Therefore, they wouldn't be showing up in the cash donation list on the forums.

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
but I am getting tired of being treated like shit on the forums by certain TD admins
Tbh you really haven't been treated like shit for no reason

2 (Making a new thread to apologize about making many threads)

A bunch of people were annoyed at your posts
Just read what you're typing before you postiguess

Sorry for sounding like a dickD:

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Tbh you really haven't been treated like shit for no reason

2 (Making a new thread to apologize about making many threads)

A bunch of people were annoyed at your posts
Just read what you're typing before you postiguess

Sorry for sounding like a dickD:
That was when I first joined Darkly and the forums....you would think even after I apologized that they would get over it, I mean c'mon....it's been a whole month since I did that

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
See I don't see too much of a reward for donating...the credits are good but I don't really care to much..but I am getting tired of being treated like shit on the forums by certain TD admins

:amused: :sofunny:

The funny part is Happy Dicks will probably become a TF2 admin.

:fuckthis:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
tumblr_mgc3xpp2NF1s15sl9o1_400.gif

Dr. Zoidberg

TD Admin
That was when I first joined Darkly and the forums....you would think even after I apologized that they would get over it, I mean c'mon....it's been a whole month since I did that
You have only been here a month, I've been here a year and I still get shit on. You just need to know your place and earn your dues like the rest of us. And people donate so they have an awesome place/community to game, not to get percs or have some advantage over others.
Here's an idea. First of all, I've made no secret of the fact that I want TD to run a CS:GO DM server. Setting aside what I want, though, I actually think that having a DM server instead of the classic competitive server might even be more financially rewarding in the long term. I've noticed that players often spill into the competitive server when the casual server is full. However, the numbers continue to show that the competitive server is a big turn off. TD would probably have a much higher retention rate of CS:GO players if we had a DM server for them to play in when the casual server is full.
DM server would be better than compet. server for sure only because of its lack of use [would could always bring it back if requested, right?]
I didint want this thread to turn ugly, but try to think of new ideas to create more income. I think a DM server is a good idea. Also reserved spots for a certain amount that has to be paid every month or 2. I can't say what to do for TF2 cause I don't play it or have no idea about the game itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but It seems that the TF2 community hasn't been helping out as much financially. We need to make a list of ideas and put them in to place sooner than later.
Why not have people in CS:GO servers have the option of donating gun drops or crates and whatnot. Just give em coloured text or something for donating.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
There's enough shit to go around for everyone at Darkly. Enough to use as fuel, which we can then use to pay for the server.

But really, I think what we need is the community to go out and tell regulars, "Hey, if you want to play here, help us out with the bills." I'm sure we'd get a lot more donations.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
There's enough shit to go around for everyone at Darkly. Enough to use as fuel, which we can then use to pay for the server.

But really, I think what we need is the community to go out and tell regulars, "Hey, if you want to play here, help us out with the bills." I'm sure we'd get a lot more donations.
Agreed, I could see this helping a lot, lots of people don't know where exactly the donations go. The reason why I know where they go is because I talked to Gatherix yesterday and had many questions about donating. Once this information about donating becomes public, I am almost possitive that we will get more donations.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Yeah, I took a Key donation once from some guy, ready to give to Gatherix so he could sell them.
Once we finished the trade, the guy said "I hope that buys you a nice new hat"...

kts

TD Admin
MEOW.
You have only been here a month, I've been here a year and I still get shit on. You just need to know your place and earn your dues like the rest of us. And people donate so they have an awesome place/community to game, not to get percs or have some advantage over others.

basically happydicks,since i dont go on the forums a lot, and saw your multitude of posts, i understand why regulars and such, are a dick to you sometimes, but really dude you gotta suck it up, its online video games if you're going to get for real butt hurt over someone saying your favourite game sucks and so do the players then you should go play some cod.
p.s. welcome

I THINK THE DM SERVER FOR COMP WOULD BE GOOD.
ALSO RESERVED SLOTS FOR MONEY WOULD PROBABLY MAKE ME LEAVE THE COMMUNITY LOL.
and i think we should have some sort of ad, like the green little script, reminding people to donate.
maybe we could make it some sort of game, whoever donates the most gets a case. or something, idunno.
ill donate sometime this month though.

meow.
pps kismayo blows.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
MEOW.

basically happydicks,since i dont go on the forums a lot, and saw your multitude of posts, i understand why regulars and such, are a dick to you sometimes, but really dude you gotta suck it up, its online video games if you're going to get for real butt hurt over someone saying your favourite game sucks and do the players then you should go play some cod.
p.s. welcome.
Thanks for the kind and heart warming welcome speech, it's nice to meet you.

EDIT: I am not mad about them saying TF2 sucks (I could care less) but they can't give TF2 players apart of Darkly the same respect that CS players get?