What Happened

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
just make a DM server for baddies to practice

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I didint want this thread to turn ugly, but try to think of new ideas to create more income. I think a DM server is a good idea. Also reserved spots for a certain amount that has to be paid every month or 2. I can't say what to do for TF2 cause I don't play it or have no idea about the game itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but It seems that the TF2 community hasn't been helping out as much financially. We need to make a list of ideas and put them in to place sooner than later.

This. Speaking as the one who's been working hard on the TF2 servers for many months to make them more enjoyable and financially supportive: Yes, you're all correct that the TF2 server donations don't bring in tons of money. They don't. But to echo what Delta is indirectly saying, if we want to improve the finances of Darkly, then actually be proactive and do your research. 6 months ago we came up with the idea of introducing incentives for TF2 players to donate, which I'm frankly surprised didn't exist before. As a result we've collected near $250, and I'm holding a fair chunk of donations in TF2 items too. Granted, that's not a lot in comparison, but we made over $250 simply by brainstorming new ideas, not by screaming "FUCK THE TF2 SERVERS". Over time we've improved the quality of the servers, much in help to the TF2 admins and Moderators (another idea we came up with) who dedicate their time to the servers, and this improved quality has caused much more server traffic (we now hit ~5000 people, daily) and thus we now make much more Pinion revenue. Just recently I implemented a brand new donation system which has already been showing increased donations. Again, all of this innovation and thinking has brought more money, more people, and more positive reputation for DARKLY's name. If we need more funds, then "make a list of ideas and put them in to place sooner than later"; make your conclusion on the TF2 servers' viability based on the actual data, not on your prejudice. Maybe it makes more sense to disband the TF2 servers, maybe it doesn't. I don't know. But if you keep sitting on your dick whining instead of making informed decisions, I can guarantee the financial state of Darkly won't improve.

Delta

TD Admin
Happy Dicks, I don't think you seem to understand the real reason behind donating. You're just asking for something in return :fulloffuck:
Gatherix, I really just want us to do better and meet the donation goal. It's safe to say that we ALL appreciate the work you've done to help out. I'm just getting tired of things moving so slow. We really need to get a move on. For example, when you join the TD CS:GO server, we don't even have a welcome page when you first join, it's just blank.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Gatherix, I really just want us to do better and meet the donation goal. It's safe to say that we ALL appreciate the work you've done to help out. I'm just getting tired of things moving so slow. We really need to get a move on. For example, when you join the TD CS:GO server, we don't even have a welcome page when you first join, it's just blank.

Right, I didn't mean to showcasing any particular person's contributions or any specific contributions on their own; rather I was simply trying to say that more positive results could be achieved if all this energy was put into evaluating new and existing forms of revenue and then acting upon those rather than only complaining about one and inciting all of this.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Step 1-Make the rules of the credit system public, give them as much information as necessary.
Step 2-Tell the players why they are donating, let them know our financial state and why we need the donations.
Step 3-(?) Tell the "regulars" on the servers that they need to start donating, doesnt matter if its a scrap because it all counts, especially if like you said 5,000 players per day and each donate 1 scrap, we are so much closer to our monthly goal! Note: I dont think we should force anyone into donating.
Step 4-Get a donut and a coffee and just watch the donations roll in!

Once I get my paycheck I will be donating.

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
Step 1-Make the rules of the credit system public, give them as much information as necessary.
Step 2-Tell the players why they are donating, let them know our financial state and why we need the donations.
Step 3-(?) Tell the "regulars" on the servers that they need to start donating, doesnt matter if its a scrap because it all counts, especially if like you said 5,000 players per day and each donate 1 scrap, we are so much closer to our monthly goal! Note: I dont think we should force anyone into donating.
Step 4-Get a donut and a coffee and just watch the donations roll in!

If it were that simple I dont think we would be having this discussion.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
If it were that simple I dont think we would be having this discussion.
It's just a few ideas, I know it's not simple but everyone should speak their mind about this subject in order to get as many ideas as possible from a range of different people. With just a small group of people giving ideas we limit ourselves to the possibilities but if a bunch of people gave their view and idea on donating, we could get a variety of different responses from different view points.

Snap

DARKLY Regular
I think Delta is getting to the point. We need New Ideas to create more income. We need one time donations and repeat donations. Surely all the smart people the play on Darkly can generate new ideas. We must have some marketing gurus in the community that could help with this. The operations have moved to a new level i.e. monthly funding of $250 required..... almost a business level so business thinking is required.
I coulden't get on to the csgo server at times over the weekend so I would make a specific donation if I could be sure of getting a slot at busy times.
BTW it was on Sat/Sun/Mon afternoon and the non competitive server was full. The competitive server had up to 24 people on it wow.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
See I don't see too much of a reward for donating...

How about a place to play, you ungrateful little shit?

THIS, is truly why no one likes TF2 people (yes, I realize there's good people like Zacky etc., so it is almost a blanket statement).

To me, it's no surprise that some people get mistreated here. They play here for free, roll onto the forums and start telling admins/members/etc. who have put a LOT into this community over the last decade what time it is. Fuckin REALLY?

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Alright, I am still trying to fit into the community, all of you TD members and such have been here for years and years. Me, only one month. I am not trying to tell anyone what time it is, but rather giving my opinion on what I view as a TF2 player maybe some of my comments and ideas can open some eyes and you can just think, maybe us TF2 players or newer Darklies have different views on subjects then the people that have been here for awhile. I am sure I can speak for many of the TF2 players out there that play on the Darkly servers and use the forums that it doesn't fully feel like TF2 is welcome here. But I am not denying the fact that the TD members, Admins, staff, etc. do a great job on the servers.

Buckshot, I am very sorry for saying that I don't see much of a reward for donating and I completely forgot about playing on the servers for free, thanks for reminding me. You do a great job here and I can sense that you do a load of work on the forums and the servers. I want to help and keep these servers up and running. I am going to start taking percentages out of my paycheck that will be donated to the servers!

Once again I apologize and now that I reread it, I do sound like an ungrateful motherfucker

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I read what you said, and your statement echos your true stance, and I'm sure that of many people (not just TF2 people). You can keep your chump-change, I'll supplement for the $1 you were going to put in. The reason this community has lasted so long, and has upkept (until recently) a certain quality that attracts great, quality people like Zacky (I'm sorry to keep using you in my examples hehe) is because we don't take lightly to your kind of shit, and we won't stand for it.

Enjoy playing on our servers, freely.

.44 caliber

TD Admin
I felt guilty and dug deep to donate five bucks last month. Does that make me cheap, lazy, or both? I just play CS. That's all I give shit about most days. At least I'm honest. I'll try to give regularly again.

Roach

TD Admin
i plan on layin down a red bill next week.

really not trying to be mean here, but who the hell is happy dicks, i see him post in every thread but have never seen him
tf2??

HappySticks™

TD Admin
i plan on layin down a red bill next week.

really not trying to be mean here, but who the hell is happy dicks, i see him post in every thread but have never seen him
tf2??
Hey Roach! My game handle is Darkly | =)Happy Sticks(=…you won't find me on right now because my account got hijacked but I usually play on Trade #2. Most of the time I play with people like 14bux, Kharn, Haze, Locate, Tick Tock, Handsome E. Buttocks and a few more because thats who plays on that server often, but I hope I can find you on the servers and play a bit with you, I am really trying to get to know everyone in this community.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hey Roach! I'm a bit jew faggot that doesn't give a flying fuck about TD or it's shitty servers, but I sure do ask for a lot. You probably won't see me in game, quite frankly because I don't ever really play. But I sure do like to bitch.. I'm trying to annoy people and post in every thread I can, with responses like, "Can't use phones in class, I'm craving bacon". I'm not sure why people don't like me...
Ya, Roach, just ignore this idiot...